"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

that's more like it...

Monday evening:

After a day of solid rain and the cool front moving thru I choose to scrap my 6 mile outdoor run for the day to help recover my running legs plus the gloomy day had me highly un-motivated to get out and run in the darkness of the evening…I’m going thru a taper time frumpiness with my running attitude right now!

So I decided to get in a higher quality tri-bike ride in the comforts of home via my Kinetic trainer. So I threw in my favorite DVD from the mountain Stage 15 of the 2007 Tour de France of the climb known as "Col de Peyresourde". This climb always provides me with great inspiration with my trainer bike rides since it’s an attack ride instead of a flatland tempo ride.

My cycling legs felt solid & strong throughout the 45 minute ride duration where I averaged 16.5mph and 12.4 miles in distance on this simulated hill climb. My average HR was at 112bpm with a max HR during a climbing sprint of 139bpm. My average cadence was great at 96rpm with a max cadence of 108rpm during an uphill power spin.

Now that ride was exactly what I needed as it is my last training ride before this Saturdays 10 mile cycling time trial…

b

No comments: