"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

one workout weekend...

Saturday afternoon:

After not being able to make it to the lakefront for my weekend long run due too the massive raining and flash flooding in our neighborhood plus the sewage back-up in the house I was able to get in a short tri-bike workout via my Kinetic trainer in the afternoon as I needed to burn-off some exercise energy. The house was humid due too all the rain that day even with the two fans I had forcing a false breeze at my face.

I rode for an hour straight focusing on some pushing each 30 minutes selecting a tougher rear cassette gear every 5 minutes. I only covered 14.7 in that timeframe but I used this training ride as if I was climbing hills so my average speed was 14.7mph with a max speed of 20.6mph. My average HR for the ride was 106 with a max HR happening during the big chainring push at about minute 47 into the hour ride plus my average cadence was good at 93rpm and a max cadence of 104rpm.

Afterwards I felt better getting in some sort of workout for the day at least before going back to dealing with the water issues in our home…

b

ps...I was not able to get in my 14 mile long training run this weekend...oh well...

1 comment:

Sonia said...

You're still my hero for biking insine the 'furnace'!! LOL

One missed long run will only make your foot feel better. Keep on trucking!

BTW Biking on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was AWESOME! The ashphalt was perfect and there was only a little mini hills at one point. =)

The fastest half IM had an average speed of 45 Km/h on the bike! Isn't insane?! I thought my little 27 km/h was super fast lol