"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

cool weather running...

Tuesday evening:

Last night with the nice running weather we are experiencing right now I decide just to run for a one hour timeframe and run how my body felt during my recovery. I didn’t want any added pressure of having to get in "so many miles" per a specific marathon training schedule. I have not done this type of run in a very, very long time and it was just what I needed.

The only thing I had planned was to stop by our home to get something electrolyte solution to drink at the 30 minute mark and the whole run was based on perceived effort level. So I just took off running in our neighborhood on an un-coursed route pattern. It was nice to get out and just run with no real specific’s at all, very nice indeed. So when I got home after my 59:56 run I downloaded my info to find out my run was 7.1 miles for an average pace of 8:26 plus an average HR of 130bpm and max HR at 139bpm. It was a nice way to run once again…

I would like to say my body is healing but unfortunately it really is not hence why I’m not forcing the running right now. Besides the left heal injury and PF issues even with the new shoes, my late spring/early summer injury has re-surfaced. My lower back pain thru both glutes were killing me plus my hamstrings, quads and calves are as tight & painful as over-tightened piano wire. I took a 20 minute ice bath after this recovery run which helped for the night.

I have an appointment on the 22nd of September with my Sports Chiropractor Doctor (earliest I could get and she is well worth the wait) to address these issues. Plus late last week I ordered some Kinesio tape for my pains…I’m taking it one run at a time right now…

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Oh no =( Sorry to read about the recent pains. It sucks to have to take things slow but it's the best you can do right now. And one run at a time is definitely the best way to go with 1 month before Chicago.

Good luck and stay positive!