"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

taper time...finally...woohoo

Well it actually started yesterday ;-)

I’m hoping my body recovers (nagging injuries) some before Chicago so I can run the race at a pace I would really like to run it at ;-) to be honest I don’t feel really properly prepared to run Chicago at the pace I need to BQ because this season was a little different than past years due too the half Ironman I raced in early August... I know that training & race built up an awesome endurance base in my body but that was over three disciplines…how that might help me on marathon day I do not know just yet. The things I believe I’m lacking for a properly run Chicago Marathon is running mileage, tempo work and speedwork since post half IM I have been dealing with a lot of injuries.

Anyways last night I finally had my Sports Chiropractors Doctor appointment that I have been waiting for over the last 18 days. Dr. Egan is simply the best and it was well worth the wait to see her for last night’s appointment. She once again analyzed my problems, treated with the muscle activation treatment technique and provided me with some more exercises to do at home to help slowly correct my problems while running. She also informed me that during the off season she recommends that I try a lesser style stability running shoe than the current Asic Kayano 14’s I’m running in presently. I’m only able to get in another appointment on October 7th just before Chicago which is better than no visit at all. I always feel sooo much better after the appointments!

Once again thanks everyone for the great notes and I’m still taking one run at a time ;-)

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

And taper madness starts now!

Glad to hear the doc had some positive news for you. =)