"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, September 19, 2008

a short bike spin...

Friday morning:

After a much needed day of complete exercise rest on Thursday I woke-up this morning feeling refreshed and partially recovered. So before heading out the door to work I rode the tri-bike in the house via the Kinetic trainer for 45 minutes to test out my legs and getting in some cycling conditioning towards the October 4th 2008 10 mile cycling time trial I’m racing in a few weeks time.

Back to the morning training ride as I covered a comfortably paced 11.3 miles which averaged to 15mph in that timeframe with an average HR of 101bpm plus a max HR during a push at 125bpm. My average cadence was right at 90rpm and a max cadence at one point of 98rpm. If was a very controlled spin on the tri-bike this morning which is what I planned and the most amazing part is that the pains I feel while running are not at all felt while I’m riding my tri-bike…maybe I should become a pure cyclist ;-)

After work I have my re-scheduled deep-tissue massage which I’m very much looking forward too!

b

No comments: