"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

saturday brick...

Saturday morning:

After the 90 minute deep tissue massage after work on Friday I needed to test out my body early Saturday morning to see how my body felt before Sundays 20 miler. I rode the tri-bike via the trainer in the house for 30 minutes after a recovery pace of 13.6mph with an average HR of 93bpm plus my average cadence was 91rpm. My legs felt fine on the bike and I used this to warm-up for my short training run afterwards.

After changing then into my running clothes I headed out the door for a short recovery run of 3.2 miles. Immediately I noticed a good change in my running stride as the massage really helped work out my over-tightened lower back, glutes and all leg muscles. I ran at a very nice pace of 8:30 miles with an average HR of 125bpm with a max HR of 136bpm while I was running one of miles at a slightly sub-8 mile pace to test how I felt which was good...the massage really helped alot :-)

Now onwards towards Sundays last 20 miler...

b

No comments: