"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

felt guilty...

Monday evening:

Due to Mother Nature issues over the weekend which were out of my control I was feeling very guilty yesterday for missing out on my weekend Chicago Marathon long training run. So after I got home from work and made sure our home plus my parent’s home were ok from any threat of flooding I decided to head out on an extended neighborhood region run based on a two hour time frame to get in a long slow endurance distance run in the books. Since the temps were nice at 60 degrees but the humidity was at about 100% I decided to run with my Salomon water belt which I had 36 ounces of electrolyte fluid in the two bottles. I ran with the fuel belt for two reasons; the weight of it keeps my pace down plus I wouldn’t have to stop at home all the time for fluids.

I ended up finishing the run about 8pm as I ran through neighborhoods I haven’t run through in years. As I was at about 87 minutes into the run I had enough of carrying the heavy Salomon water belt as my lower back was killing me but a lot of that had to due with all the sandbagging we were doing on Sunday. Immediately I noticed a big difference running as I was able to run the last miles within the 8 to 8:15 per mile zone. I ended up running for 2:03:18 for which I covered 13.4 miles. My average HR for the run was at 125bpm but the last 36 minutes of the run I was in the 140bpm zone constantly with a max HR of 148bpm. It sure was a nice 3/1 style LSD run…

I felt much better having that run in the books plus I slept like a baby last night as a benefit...

b

2 comments:

Sonia said...

ah the guilt! Good run!

Trishie said...

Great run, B!