"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

mugginess...

Tuesday evening:

Went out for a recovery run after work last night in the neighborhood region to get in some taper mileage. The weather was warm & muggy so I left some electrolyte fluid drink outside of the house so I could drink some every two miles. I ended up running 5.4 miles in 46:34 with an average HR of 131bpm. My legs were pretty sore and tired because of Sundays 20 miler plus then Monday night’s MAT treatment from the Sports Chiropractor. Afterwards my body was so over-heated from the mugginess I proactively took a 20 minute ice bath to cool down my body core temperature from a relatively short run.

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

WOah! 20 mins in an ice bath?! That must be some record there... I can't stand more than 3 mins LOL

Great job on the run