"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ummm...yet another test run...

Monday morning:

Since K needed to get in a 8 mile 10k pace training run for her marathon training we headed down to Lake Michigan mid-morning during Labor Day. Of course I had to sample some running also to see where my body stood at this day but I had no idea how far I was going to run. I held my running in the recovery mode once again running at a pace that felt comfortable during this healing process. Just like the run on Saturday is how my body felt which was managable so I ran smoothly during this run. I ended up getting in 10.3 miles in 1:30:31 for an average mile pace of 8:46 with an average HR of 135bpm so it was more of a long slow distance run. I did notice that my right foot PF was slightly there the last couple miles but not too bad...not a bad run! I just need to not push the comeback to hard & quickly...pool aquajog on Tuesday night.

Afterward K and I lounged at the Foster St. beach for about 4 hours relaxing during this beautiful weather day. Lake Michigan was perfect for the post-run cold water baths also...

Last night I ordered a new set of Asic Kayano 14's just to be safe even though the ones I'm running in right now have less than 100 running miles on them...

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

AQUA JOGGING! WOO HOO! Seriously, have the lifeguards turn the music WAY up! ;)

Slow or not, I was surprised that you were able to hammer out 10(?) miles.