"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

the big ring...

After Wednesday nights track workout was a no go due to the massive raining out in Palatine at Harper College plus lightening was striking all around the region which caused the College Soccer game to have a delay holding with 27 minutes left to play and the track has no artificial lighting(it gets dark at 6:45pm these days). I only got in a two mile warm-up run which was shortened due to the storm system so I waited around till 6:15pm before calling it a night…I know I wussed out but better to be safe than sorry plus my body appreciated the additional rest from running…

Thursday morning:

Rode the Tri-bike in the house this morning via the Kinetic rear wheel trainer as it’s getting closer to the cycling time trial event on October 4th 2008. I rode for 45 minutes with a couple big chainring pushes for 5 minutes each thrown in there for good measure. I covered 11.7 miles during this time frame with an average rate of speed of 15.6mph with a max speed of 22mph during a push. My average HR was at 103bpm and max HR during a big dig at 142bpm plus my average cadence was at an even 90rpm’s.

My legs felt good during this bike ride…I wish they felt this good while running ;-)

b

No comments: