"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a tough spin...

Sunday morning:

Decided to ride my tri-bike via the trainer in the house early morning Sunday to get the workout in the books for the day so I could do the rest of my chores around the homestead that day. So I put in a cycling DVD in the recorder and started to spin away for my one hour recovery, endurance ride as prep for this coming Saturdays 10 mile cycling time trial.

My legs felt heavy during the whole ride duration so I decided not to push the envelope and just kept spinning easier gears. I covered 14.5 miles during the 1 hour ride which means I averaged 14.5mph…simple math. My average HR was 93bpm and only a max HR at one point of 116bpm which told me I was still recovering from the 12 mile run the day before. My average cadence for me was low at 89rpm with a max cadence at about minute 12 of 102bpm.

It was a good recovery spin as I really had to focus on just getting the ride in the books…

b

No comments: