"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, September 12, 2008

cross training day of sorts...

Thursday morning:

Rode the tri-bike via the trainer in the house this morning just to flushout my running legs from the night before at the track session. It was just an easy recovery ride for 40 minutes using some easy gears during the timeframe. I covered 9 miles during that time for a pace of 13.5mph and a low average HR of 90bpm plus average cadence of 92rpm. My legs felt fine while I was cycling but I never felt to desire to push the pace while I’m healing up from these injuries…

Thursday mid-day:

Went over to the health club pool at lunch to get in a quick swim during limited time. Got in 800 meters in this way…

10 laps with pull-buoy
10 laps with pull-buoy and hand paddles


Tempo paced the swim for an upper-body workout and cardio benefits.

It was a good day of cross training…

Friday is my scheduled rest day…Saturday after my long run I scheduled a massage which is greatly needed at this point :-)

b

2 comments:

Tea said...

funny story for you bri....I pull up your blog, and I see 29 days until Chicago....29 days....that means....THAT MEANS......

I HAVE LESS THAN 40 UNTIL MY RACE!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!IT'S COMING TOO QUICKLY!!!!

Sonia said...

You deserve a massage!! I cannot believe Chicago is less than a month away! Where did the summer go??????