"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

tester...ez recovery run...

Saturday morning:

As K went down to the lakefront to train with her CARA Chicago group I stayed back at home since there was no way I was going to run a 13 miler during my recovery from the feet injuries. After tinkering around the house I couldn't resist testing my body on a very easy recovery run to see where it was at...

I took it very easy during the run seeing where my body was at during this healing process. Right away I noticed my right foot PF was not painful anymore and my left foot bruised heal pain was not so severe...I'm healing slowly. My left leg calve, hamstring and glute were sore still but very manageable. I didn't push the pace as a ran for 5.1 miles in 45:10 for a mile pace of 8:51 with an average HR of 123bpm.

I was happy with the results from this test run as my body didn't feel that bad throughout the remaining portion of the day also...now its just one day at a time!

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Glad to see taking a break and slowing down is getting some positive results for you!!

I just don't know what to do with my own foot... sigh

BTW you easy pace is something I cannot even achieve in a 5K race!! That put things in perspective LOL