"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

a couple special guests...

Sara and Ryan Hall

Saturday morning:

Early Saturday morning K & I headed down to Lake Michigan to run with our Chicago Marathon Training group known as CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association) which met's at Montrose Harbor along the lakefront path. We had a couple very special guests whom were there to send us off at 6am in complete darkness...I'll dicuss more about the "Halls" alittle later in my story.

I ran with the 8 minute pace group for the 12 miler as a tester for my legs towards the Chicago Marathon in two weeks time. The air was cool at 65 degrees at 6am but the dew point & humidity were very high this morning with no wind movement. The run went fairly well for myself but by mile 8 the tightness in my lower back, glutes, ham's and calves returned even with the proper hydration. We ended up running the 12 miles in 1:37:05 which is a mile pace of 8:05 with an average HR of 137bpm plus a max HR about mile 7 at 150bpm as our pacer was a little to quick during this mile...

I'm still taking just one run at a time to see what pace I might be able to run at Chicago...

Me - b and Ryan Hall
-

As you can see by the pictures I have provided above CARA had brought in two special guests to our Saturday morning run...Sara and Ryan Hall. It's not often you get a chance to talk with some of the USA's highest caliper athletes especially so soon after Ryan Hall finished 10th Overall at the Beijing Olympic's. Ryan spoke to us all just before our 6am group headed out on the run and stated he was very inpressed with our dedication towards training so early in the morning towards the Chicago Marathon...he said they don't start training till 8:30am out at Mammoth Lake. After our run a group of us had a chance to speak with Sara & Ryan which was very nice...they are both very nice individuals :-)
-
It was a very inspiring morning down by Lake Michigan...
-
b

1 comment:

Tea said...

That's very cool. The pictures are very nice.

12 days...wow...getting close.