"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, September 8, 2008

cycling is back in the game...

Monday morning:

Last night I finally converted back my tri-bike from race trim form to training trim form since the last time I rode the bike was at the Olympic Distance Triathlon on August 17th 2008…It had been 3 weeks of no biking and I was starting to miss it finally. So I hooked-up the tri-bike to the Kinetic rear wheel trainer in the house to start spinning once again to cross-train from running.

So this morning I took it easy on the tri-bike for a 35:00 minute recovery spin to help flushout the tired leg syndrome from the 20 mile run this past Saturday. I focused on a quicker cadence in some easier gears to re-adjusted myself to riding once again and take it easy on my recovering body. The ride felt really good and was just what I needed during this time of injury recovery. I only covered 8 miles in 35 minutes for an average speed of 13.8mph with an average HR of 96bpm plus my average cadence was right where it needed to be at 93rpm…

I’m glad to bring back the biking into my training program…plus I signed up for my favorite 10 mile cycling Time Trial over the weekend which will be on 10.04.08 :-)

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I find I miss it too if I spend a lot of time without going on the bike. So true about having to get used to the saddle again lol