"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

tracking it...

Wednesday evening:

Track workout night out with the group at Harper College in Palatine, IL after work for myself during this taper time as I focused on quality of running and cut-back the quantity. The group was running 5 one mile repeats with a 3 minute recovery walk/jog in-between each as I choose to run only 4 one mile repeats at what was my required cruiser pace, not LT pace. After I ran the one mile warm-up I also only did 4 – 100 meter stride-outs as the group did six of them. Before are my mile repeat times with average and max HR values per each one:

1 mile – 6:53 – AHR 148bpm – MHR 156bpm
1 mile – 6:53 – AHR 152bpm – MHR 158bpm
1 mile – 7:00 – AHR 151bpm – MHR 160bpm
1 mile – 6:58 – AHR 148bpm – MHR 161bpm


The first two repeats were run clockwise with a favorable wind on the track but the last two mile repeats were run counter-clockwise with the Northeast wind in your face for at least ½ of the 400 meter lap which was a challenge for a tall guy like me. I like to run my mile repeats with a negative split on the final 800 meters of that repeat which I did last night but on those windy ones my legs didn’t start moving until the finally 600 meters of the repeat…learn something everyday :-) also one other thing I noticed as I ran in my Newtons which I don't think I'll wear again to a cushioned track workout again...my left toe front is still healing from the injury skin cut as the Newtons really do not have much toe box protection & stability...

I covered 6.6 miles with my warm-up, strides, repeats, recoveries and cool-down mile…

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Nice set of wheels!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm all new to the TRI world. =)

Almost time for you big race! A half IM is something! Looking forward to read about your race!