"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

tapered long run...

Saturday morning:

We headed down to Montrose Harbor for our usual Saturday morning long run with our CARA training groups by the lakefront. I planned on a cut-back taper mileage of only 8 miles since the half IM is next Saturday already and Kristen ran 9 miles for her taper week run.

It was warm & muggy during the run duration but the rains were not present this weekend. I ran 8.1 miles in 1:06:13 for a mile pace of 8:10 with an average HR of 132bpm and a max HR of 150bpm towards the end due to the humidity.


After my run I strolled out into Lake Michigan for about 25 minutes for a semi-cold water bath as I waited for her to return from her run...afterwards we both went out for breakfast in the city which was greatly needed ;-)

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

Hey Brian....I just read through your race schedule. I didn't realize that you race so much.

The countdown is officially on!