"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I should have stayed in bed…

Monday morning:

With all good intent this morning I woke-up bright and early this morning to go out for a simple, no frills 5 mile run especially since I was feeling guilty for not getting in all my required half IM training disciplines in over the past weekend. So at 5:30am I started my run as I normally would but I noticed after the first mile my body was not warming up to this running thing like it normally would do and that feeling continued throughout the whole 5 mile run till I finished the run in front of our house. Plain and simple is I was not recovered at all from the training I have been doing recently, my legs were like leaded concrete anchored to the earth and they absolutely refused to work as they normally would. I finished the 5 miler in 46:24 with an average HR of 107bpm…tomorrow I plan for a much needed rest day.

b

1 comment:

Alan said...

Sometimes our bodies tell us no. Sometimes they tell us go ahead but go slow. I am a believer in active recovery runs, which hopefully this morning was that for you. You pushed through it mentally (sp?) and that is good. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow!!