"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

shake-down to 70.3...

Thursday early morning:

After three straight days of complete rest from any sort of exercising to get my body recovered properly for this Saturdays half IM I was happy to get outside this morning at 5:30am to get in a short 3.2 mile easy run. It was 75 degrees with 100% humidity and calm winds...a sauna which was good prep for the race. It took me 28:53 to cover that easy mileage at a 9:01 pace with an average HR of 117bpm (elevated due to the weather conditions) and a max HR at 131bpm...

...immediately after I finished the short run I loaded the tri-bike in race trim on top of the Yakima car rack and headed over to the local park district 1 mile loop path for a race-day bike shakedown. I started this at 6:15am and the path was quite crowded as people were trying to beat the heat of today...I checked all the vitals on the tri-bike such as smooth shifting, braking, etc and everything is a go! I rode only 3.2 miles due too all the people on the pathway in 12:36 for a pace of 15.2mph. My average HR was high due to just finishing the run at 102bpm with a max HR at 113bpm plus my average cadence was low at 84rpm...

Thursday at lunch time:

Went over to the health club across the street from work to get in a 840 meter freestyle swim just to make sure I remembered how too swim...all went well :-)

b

No comments: