"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

it all started last thursday evening...

Exercise for myself since last Thursday night has not been to optimized for the quickly approaching Steelhead Half IM...on thursday night I was setting up the car for the trip with the Yakima bike rack & Yakima Space Cadet aero box on the car when the massive rains hit...I made a foolish mis-take by having my Adidas sandals on due to the downpour and when I stepped from our driveway to on slippery concrete garage floor my toe on the left sandal caught and caused me to slip forward on the front of my left big toe which in turn perfectly shaved off about a millimeter thick, nickel size worth of flesh off the front on my left big toe...after we cleaned away the wound blood with antibiotic dis-infectant luckly in was only a flesh wound and not a gash/cut to the toe...

Needless to say I now had an open wound that needed to heal properly but last Friday I gauze pad protected the open toe wound and bike rode actually quite comfortably during the whole ride duration...

Swimming & running are different thought especially where my toe wound is at hence even though CARA canceled the Saturday morning long run due to t-storms & lighting I could of went with K down to the lakefront to run an hour later which she said was very soggy due too all the rain...k's shoes and feet were like sponges as she to returned home and verified it was a good move to skip the run to help heal up my left big toe...

I will report on my nightmare of what was suppose to be a great organized Steelhead Half IM biking training 56 mile ride on the race course Sunday...I'm still fuming from the situation

but at least Kristen had a awesome training ride :-)

b

No comments: