"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

just what the doctor ordered...

Monday morning:

Since K & I were still in Union Pier for the weekend we planned on heading to the Lake Michigan beach about a half mile from where we stayed to get in an early morning longer open water swim...the problem was the same as the day before that very strong winds still from the WNW were pounding the shores of this side of the lake with 3 to 5 foot white cap waves that were breaking on the outer sandbar and then onto the shoreline...as we cautiously walked out into the lake you could feel the under-tow rip tides at work and they were even strong farther out beyond the outer sandbar...we both decided that life was more important than a silly swim that could be done at a future date...

As we got back to the place we were staying K told me to GO OUT for a run since I was having a bad exercise weekend...and it was the best advice I got in an awesome 12.3 run in the Union Pier area as I headed SW along the majestic homes that were on the lake front view down to New Buffalo...it was a very peaceful run indeed...just what I needed to vent off some frustration. The hillyness of the region was a great change of pace also and to run podless was awesome...

My run time in the hills was 1:43:00 flat with an average pace of 8:22 miles and an average HR of 132bpm with a max HR on a hill climb of 143bpm...

That was just what I needed :-)

b

No comments: