"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

payback & payback once again by mother nature...

Friday mid-afternoon:

I needed to get in a solid training ride since last nights cycling group repeat ride was canceled due to strong storms in our region. Since this was my summer hours Friday I headed out solo to Busse Woods Forest Preserve to get in a 90 minute tempo ride. I started out at 1:30pm when it was the hottest part of the day and realized the foresty path was still wet & damp due to the amount of rainfall we receceived overnight so I had to be cautious with my pacing out there.

I rode for 1:32:07 and got in 30.1 miles during that time duration at an average rate of speed of 19.7mph and a max speed during a TT push of 31.8mph. My average HR was perfect for a bike tempo ride for me at 130bpm and I had a max HR during a TT push of 146bpm. My average cadence was where I wanted to ride it to flushout my running legs at 96rpm with a max cadence of 109rpm.


I felt really good during & after the ride which was a great biking workout...

Saturday morning:

A very strong thunderstorm system rolled through our Chicagoland region for the hour before, during and after my supposed 6am CARA lakefront 14 mile training run which forced me to make a wise decision not to drive all the way downtown to fined out the 6am group was canceled...the right decision was made but now I need to find time this weekend to crunch in a 14 mile run solo somewhere...

We are heading over to the St. Joesph/Benton Harbor, MI area later to partake in an organized group training ride tomorrow morning on the 56 mike bike course for the Steelhead Half Ironman. We have been looking forward to this organized ride very much so keep an eye on my blogspot for updates & images: http://colkuv.blogspot.com/ also below I have provided a link to the training ride program...

http://www.wellfitinc.com/Events/SteelheadHalfIronman/tabid/200/Default.aspx

b

No comments: