"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

pic of the new training wheels on the tri-bike...

I thought I'd share a picture of the 'ole cannondale Tri/TT-bike in training trim with the new Bontrager Race Lite rims I purchased earlier last week to replace my destroyed front rim during the Steelhead TriFit training ride on 07.13.08 on the bike course that is to be used in the half IM...I really got a steal on the new 650cc rim set from a local tri-shop for $150 total...even k couldn't believe it ;-) I have had the chance to ride on the new rim/tire set-up twice since replacement and I gotta tell ya the ride is sooo much better than my original wheels!!! I have Conti Triathlon clinchers on the new rims which add to the better performance also :-)
Next week after I set-up the bike for raceday trim for Steelhead 70.3 I'll post up some more pictures then...plus I will make sure the bike is clean for those photos ;-)
b


2 comments:

Tea said...

10 days....wow. It's hard to believe that it's almost here already.

Do you know if they have online tracking? I'll go checkout the website.

b said...

Hi Tea :-) this is what I read on the IM site today: "Our goal is to provide Live Athlete Tracking at every Ironman and Ironman 70.3 event in the series, but this is dependent on the event organizers being able to provide the appropriate data."

I guess I'll have to keep my eye on if Steelhead will have live tracking...bri