"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, July 18, 2008

bicycle, bicycle - i want to ride my bicycle...

Thursday evening:

Last night immediately following work I headed out to Elk Grove for the cycling group repeats for the evening. The temps were hot & humid once again this evening with a very strong SSW which made it feel more like a blast furnace. As I rolled out on my warm-up lap to find the main rider group I noticed several sections of the asphalt roadway ground up for patch work, great I thought another ride on roads being repaired…go figure. Anyways once I caught the group during my warm-up the group of about thirty riders was using the far left lane both on the repeat & recovery side of the roadway. Then I remembered the Tour of Elk Grove is on the weekend of August 1st thru 3rd next month and they use this park of the roadway area for the Friday early evening Time Trial. http://www.tourofelkgrove.com/ The Mayor of Elk Grove is a roadie and he rides with us just about every Thursday evening.

Back to my biking training it was actually a very good ride night for me especially when it came to the repeat portion plus I kept my pace up on the recovery portion to maintain a good overall pace for the ride time. I got in 14 repeats that ranged in distances from 6/10th of a mile to one mile which my repeat pace range being anywhere from 25.8mph to 29.6mph. Below I have listed 3 of my top repeats for the night which includes distance covered, average speed, average & max HR values:

.925 of a mile – 29.6mph average – AHR 142bpm – MHR 155bpm
.865 of a mile – 29.6mph average – AHR 142bpm – MHR 149bpm
.982 of a mile – 29.6mph average – AHR 153bpm – MHR 154bpm


My total ride time out their last night was 1:26:52 as I covered 29.6 miles at an average rate of speed of 20.5mph with a max speed obtained during a repeat at 33.2mph. My average HR for the ride was at 131bpm with a max ride HR of 156bpm during a repeat plus my average cadence was great at 96rpm.

Oh yea…the new rims/tires on my tri-bike are AWESOME to say the least…the ride is so much better now it’s incredible!

I feel sooo much better now after a fantastic bike ride :-)

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

That's a nice confidence builder!