"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday average ride to run...

Sunday morning:

K & I choose to do a long ride at 8am out of Long Grove, IL with the Wheeling Wheelmen roadie club as one of the Sunday weekly rides is a ~33 miler through the hilly Northwest suburb region of Chicagoland. As always Kristen paced the ride at her abilities through the rolling hill’s since not a lot of club riders choose the short ride route for the day. It was warm & humid out which is fine for Steelhead training as the half IM will most likely be a warm, hot and muggy day.

The ride was un-eventful (thank goodness) as the total distance worked out to be 36.9 miles in a cruiser time of 2:20:14 for an average pace of 15.8mph thru the rolling hills. My average HR was super-low once again at 96bpm with a max on a hill climb at 118bpm. My average cadence was at 90rpm with a max cadence at 110bpm. It was a good endurance ride during the taper cycle…

After bike we loaded the bikes in the car and went for a short 2.1 mile hilly run together to simulate a brick workout…

I took an ice bath later in the day as I will for the next several days during my taper/recovery cycle…

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

Enjoy the rest time. You'll be glad you did!