"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

just kept riding...

Thursday evening July 3rd 2008:

Ok so I had a lot of energy since today’s open water swim workout did not basically happen and the night before I missed the track workout due to the t-storms, winds and rain that raced through our region so I decided to start the group cycling repeats earlier in the late afternoon before the bike group started them…I was on a mission to burn up some energy!

I started riding on the 2.2 mile loop at about 5:30pm solo as I immediately noticed the strong northeast winds would mean our mile repeat zone would be the southbound stretch of road with a slight uphill portion in the last half mile of this roadway. I got in about 12 miles before the group of riders had started to show-up so I was properly warmed up by that time and had already done several repeats. As always with the pack of riders I stay about 300 feet back while doing the repeat itself and during the recovery portion also to get the most from this workout as I need to push my own air for proper triathlon training.

I had several goals for the ride tonight as the two most important were to get in 40 miles and average 20mph for the ride duration. I was able to get in 25 repeats during the time I was out riding this evening which is too much information to list here so I’ll sum the info up below:

My repeat distances ranged anywhere from 6th’s of a mile to a full mile with my average rate of speed during them being anywhere between 26.4mph to 29.5mph.

My total ride time was 2:03:57 and I covered 41.8 miles in that timeframe for an average rate of speed of 20.2mph as I was able to hit a max speed during one repeat at 33.1mph. Heart rate average was at 131bpm with a max HR during a repeat being 157bpm and my average cadence was at a perfect 92rpm with a max cadence being 110rpm. The other good thing about the ride is I did not have any leg cramping at all as that probably had to due with me not running repeats the morning of the ride, I felt strong throughout the ride duration.

Goals were achieved and that sure was one satisfying workout :-)

b

No comments: