"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a snowy lakefront run...

Saturday morning:

K & I headed down to the lakefront cautiously as we were in a middle of a Chicagoland snowstorm. We were happy to see 5 other diehard friends from the group show-up as the lakefront path was also plowed & salted north of Fullerton to past Foster. I ran with the ladies northward for the opening 4 miles and at the turn around I picked up the pace as I informed them I'd meet them at the cars at the end...got in 8 miles in 1:14:48 as my average HR was 130bpm.

- 1st 4 miles: 40:04 – AHR 123bpm
- 2nd 4 miles: 34:43 – AHR 143bpm – MHR 148bpm


The running went great with the lakefront being very majestic with all the fresh snowfall. Afterwards a few of us went out for a much needed breakfast!

b

3 comments:

Trishie said...

lakefront + freshly fallen snow + running + breakfast out = perfect morning!

Sonia said...

Great negative split you got going there!!

BTW, I thought about you while reading 50/50, Dean ran the Tecumseh trail marathon aspart of his 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states and he said it was the hardest and most brutal marathon he ran. His slowest too at 4:45. Now you gotta beat him next year!! ;-)

Tea said...

Hi Brian--thanks for the note. I'm leaving tomorrow for NY and will be back Saturday night.

I was thinking about you tonight because the news had a special on the weather in Chicago! Stay warm....that's a nasty front coming your way.