"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

first bike shop computrainer class is in the books...

Monday evening:

First bike shop computrainer 90 minute coached workout is in the books for 2009! It's a 5 week course for me (since I signed up late) via the 8 rider set-up of various drills, intervals & routines. I wasn’t able to take the FTP 30 minute Time Trial a few weekends ago so I guess-ta-mated my baseline watts at used for my computer profiling at 240 watts. Also I’m still using my old Cannondale TT/Tri-bike so the rest of the values stay the same as last winter’s indoor biking sessions.

I rode 28.3 miles for an average pace of 18.3mph and a max pace of 33.6mph during a spin-up drill. Average HR was at 121bpm with a max HR near the end on an interval of 158bpm. My average cadence was spot-on at 92rpm with a max cadence during the spin-up at 165rpm. My max class wattage output of 353.

Below is a link to my Polar HR Program info from the 90 minute ride:
http://www.twodogzdesign.com/cycle09/011909.JPG

I had a fantastic class considering I have not ridden on my bike for at least 90 minutes since the half IM early August 2008…I’m already looking forward to next weeks cycling class :-)

b

2 comments:

Trishie said...

awesome, b :)

Ben said...

Good luck at March Madness. Train hard that race is a toughie.