"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

threshold this...

Tuesday evening:

Once again I set out on my next CompuTrainer workout on the schedule which was an hour & 45 minute ride with 10 by 5 minute threshold efforts with one minute recovers between each interval...an extra interval compare to last weeks session. As I used the CT ergo coaching mode on the system which allows me to control the watts resistance (load) to achieve a proper workout I started off with a progressive warm-up through minute 35 then I went right into my first 5 minute threshold blast followed up by a "short" recovery then right into the next 5 minute interval...repeat 10 of these this time but I remained focused and got through them just fine as usual :-)

At an hour and thirty four minutes into the ride finally came the cool-down portion after the intervals as I spun-out my legs to help recover them which believe it or not actually works.

Average HR for the ride was 120bpm with a max on a interval of 147bpm as my average wattage was 193 & max watts on last interval of ~340...at 1:45:00 and 28.3 miles into my ride my CompuTrainer ride was done for the night! Tonight’s workout was tough challenge as my HR didn’t want to go into my proper threshold zone even when I attempted to push a higher watts resistance but yet my watts average were more that in the threshold zone during the intervals…interesting :-)

b

No comments: