"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, July 6, 2009

and it continues...

Thursday morning:

Woke-up super early for me this morning so I was on my CompuTrainer just before 5am to get in my required VO2 workout for the day in before I left for work. 90 minutes of total ride time is what I got in for this intense ride for 26 miles total but the VO2 portions where the focus point of this training ride.

As usual I did a progressive warm-up to get the body going for the opening 40 minutes then I started my first of 5 by 4 minutes each VO2 intervals with 3 minute recovery sections between each one. By the 5th one my legs were getting tired but I pushed through it to actually record my max HR in the closing minute of this last interval. After there were completed I had enough time to properly cool-down my heart & legs from these efforts.

My average HR from the ride was lower at 116bpm which is in the zone 4 for me and my max HR was at 153bpm during that last interval. One thing I have noticed that while using the CompuTrainer is that I’m not able to get the high biking HR for myself like when I ride outdoors…if I had done these outdoors my HR would be 8 to 10bpm more…just a little fact I would share with you ;-)

the other thing is by the time I got to work my legs were like noodles!

Friday morning:


Since K and I had Friday off from work for the Fourth of July weekend we headed down to the lakefront for a mid-distance run with friends. K paced a lot of CARA runners that wanted to run on this day also as I ran solo for my down week training run. I noticed that there were a lot of people exercising this morning at 6:30am so the path was busy with exercises of all types. On very tired legs and body I slogged though an 11.1 miler in 1:39:03 with an average HR of 126bpm and max HR of 142bpm.

The best part of the morning was breakfast afterwards with friends :-)

b

No comments: