"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

still spinning the wheels...

Sunday evening:

Well since it turned out to be a no-run weekend for me again this weekend at the end of a busy day I hoped on the CompuTrainer in the house to get in about an hour ride minimum. I choose a 3D course from the software which was a two times lap of Powerman Alabama as each lap was a semi-hilly 17 miler. I focused just on one lap was this was to be just a longer recovery ride. The ride was pretty uneventful as my legs were still tired from yesterday’s outdoor ride at Verona WI. I watched a couple stages of the 2003 TdF via DVD to keep my mind occupied and focus me towards spinning cadence.

I ended up riding 17 semi-hilly miles in 1:03:52 with a low average HR of a low 96bpm and a max during a half mile 4% climb of 109bpm plus my average wattage was at 121. It was good I got in this ride at least but it does not make up for the weekend of no running for the second weekend in a row…

Monday evening:

Easy recovery ride via the CompuTrainer for 45 minutes on a flat course in which I controlled the wattage load I rode against. I covered 13.9 miles in this time duration with an average HR of 95bpm plus max HR of 101bpm and average wattage of 125. Very simple recovery ride to prep for Tuesdays ride…

b

No comments: