"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the day after...

Sunday mid-morning:

After a long fourth of July day I slept in this morning to start my indoor ride much later than usual at about 10am. Since I slept half the day away I choose to stay home and ride my 2 hour bike ride on the Computrainer as I didn’t feel like leaving the homestead today. My weekend long ride was identical to last weekends ride; w/u then 2 by 20 minute threshold sessions with a 10 minute recovery between the two.

After a 45 minute progressive warm-up while watching a DVD of the opening stages of the 2003 Tour de France for motivation I went right into my first 20 minute interval at this marker time. I was able to complete this with a decent HR range of intensity via the Computrainer by controlling the computer resistance load settings. A ten minute recovery was more than enough to re-energize, hydrate and gel up for the next session. The second 20 minute interval was done with the same amount of perceived effort plus a little more in the final 5 minutes of it. After all that was completed I spun-down the last 25 minutes to cool-down my body & mine.

So in that 2 hour training session I covered 34 miles with an average wattage reading of 168. My average HR during the ride was at 125bpm with a max HR towards the end of the second interval at 149bpm.

Glad that was over with as I could then relax the rest of the day!

Monday:

Complete rest day from any exercising as this is the start of a recovery week from cycling training till Saturday.

b

No comments: