"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

once a week run...

.
Sunday morning:


Headed up to Barrington Hills to get in my long run bright & early this Sunday morning as I was looking to run at least 15 miles today plus the fact that I haven’t run since the Fourth of July. I actually starting running at about 6:10am since my mileage was going to be long than the typical loop here of 10.6 miles. The morning started out bright & cool out so this I greatly appreciated also but the sun warmed things up within the last 4 miles. Also since there is no place to get water on this rural county road region I wore my larger Salomon Twin Bottle Trail Belt for proper hydration & nutrition over the LSD mid-distance run.


It’s an awesome fuel belt but do to the weight of the hydration & 5oz electrolyte it get’s heavy feeling really quickly on the run which I knew so I didn’t expect any quick mile times over this run duration. I ended up getting in 15.2 hilly miles completed in 2:21:42 with an average HR of 124bpm and max HR duration a climb at 149bpm. The run felt ok especially on heavily trained cycling legs on the days prior to this but I really have noticed a big drop-off in running speed as I have specifically focus on bike training since May 2009 but that’s ok as I knew this was going to happen when I made this decision to focus on biking.


Next scheduled run will be next Sunday :-)


b

No comments: