"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, July 13, 2009

back at it...

Thursday evening:

As I was feeling better from the cold & fever I had fought off over the last few days after work I headed over for some recovery cycling with the biking group over at Village Cycle Sports in Elk Grove Village. Large turnout once again for the mile intervals as the weather was good for biking this July evening. Also I was testing out some new specific cycling road shoes that I recently bought new for a steal via ebay – Specialized BG S-Works road shoe.

I took the ride easier this week as this is a bike training recovery week from Monday through Friday then back to normal training levels starting once again on Saturday. I rode the first 5 miles at a warm-up pace to see how my body & legs were going this evening then after that I stayed back of the main group about 300 feet each time they went into a mile interval session. On the recovery mile I would ride with the group benefiting from the group drafting as it brought down my HR nice and low. I pushed about 4 of the mile intervals with mild efforts as I focused on initial acceleration to get up to speed quickly and hold in there.

Total ride time was 1:08:39 for 21.7 miles which is an average speed of 18.9mph then a max during an interval push of 30.8mph. My average HR was at 125bpm and a max of 157bpm plus my average wattage was 178 for the ride duration and a max of 877 watts during an initial acceleration. Btw...the new shoes are awesome...no heal lift what-so-ever!

Great return to riding this evening!

b

No comments: