"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

and actually a run for the day...

Sunday morning June 28th 2009:

K and I went up to Barrington Hills early morning to get in our needed long distance for the week. The day before K ran as usual as a pace leader at the lakefront for the CARA training group towards Chicago so she ran 10 miles on that day. I had a strong biking workout the day before in southern Wisconsin so both of us were tired this morning but we got out there to get in a decent hilly run.

I ran the opening two miles with Kristen then we ran at our own individual pace as she was going to run about 10 miles as I was going to run 14 miles. For me it was 7 days since I last got in a proper run as I been bike so much this last month so I didn’t expect to much from myself, just enough to get the LSD hilly run in the books. I chugged along the whole way getting in 14 miles 2:08:13 which a 9:09 mile pace with my average HR coming in at 126bpm and a max HR during a hill climb of 146bpm. As I returned to the car K finished up about ten minutes after me but it turns out she ran 13 miles for the day…she logged a lot of running miles this weekend!

b

No comments: