"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

saturday time...

Saturday morning:

I planned on going up to southeastern Wisconsin to get in my proper Saturday morning bike ride but after checking the weather online for that region and the strong threat of rain/t-storms I altered my plans to stay home to ride on the CompuTrainer which Obi was very happy to see as K left early morning to pace her CARA marathon training group. So after a 10 minute CT calibration spin to warm-up the back tire I was ready to start my 2 hour training bike ride indoors.

The first 35 minutes were my typical progressive warm-up then at that time I jumped into my 1st five minute interval at cycling threshold portion with a one minute recovery session after that…I did my scheduled 10 intervals of this pattern which when added up 50 minutes of threshold level riding to continue working on bumping up my wattage and LT levels. After these were completed I had enough cool-down time to flushout my legs after that session and to get in my total of 2 hours ride time. But still after I got off the bike my legs were like cooked noodles…

I got in 35.9 miles in that time frame which is an average speed of 17.9mph as my average HR was at 124bpm and a max HR on my last interval at 155bpm plus my average wattage for the ride duration was at 179.

After the ride Obi & I went for a 2.5 mile walk as we waited for K to return from the lakefront. Then we all headed out to the dog park for a lot more hiking, zipping around for Obi and of course he played plenty of fetching especially the tennis ball in the lake at the dog park…he loves water!

b

No comments: