"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

should have slept in...

Thursday morning 07.16.09:

Woke-up early this morning so I was on my CompuTrainer just at 5am to get in my required VO2 workout for the day in before I left for work. 75 minutes of total ride time is what I got in for this intense ride for 19 miles total but the VO2 portions where the focus point of this training ride.

As usual I did a progressive warm-up to get the body going for the opening 30 minutes then I started my first of 5 by 4 minutes each VO2 intervals with 3 minute recovery sections between each one. On the first 5 minute VO2 interval I could sense my body &legs wanted nothing to do with this workout at all. My max HR values were absolutely no where near where they need to get at to do this workout properly. After they were completed I had some time to properly cool-down my heart & legs from these efforts.

My average HR from the ride was low at 108bpm which is in the zone 5 for me and my max HR was at 140bpm during the second interval. My heart & body was still recovering from the previous 5 days of workouts even with yesterdays complete rest day. My average wattage was decent for the ride at 164 but that’s slightly low for me and my max wattage on the last interval came in at 351 but my HR would not go higher…

b

No comments: