"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, July 24, 2009

always recovering...

Monday morning :

Very easy recovery spin on the Computrainer device in the house via the Coaching Ergo training software I can control the about of wattage I am training at in 10 watt increments. The ride was quite un-eventful as I kept my HR in the very low zone 5 lever for full benefit of this ez, easy, recovery day…was a 45 minute spin for 13.5 miles, average HR at 96bpm & max HR at 108bpm plus average wattage at 119.

Tuesday evening:

I set out on my next CompuTrainer workout on the schedule which was an hour & 45 minute ride with 10 by 5 minute threshold efforts with one minute recovers between each interval...an extra interval compare to last weeks session. As I used the CT ergo coaching mode on the system which allows me to control the watts resistance to acheive a proper workout I started off with a progressive warm-up through minute 35 then I went right into my first 5 minute threshold blast followed up by a "shorty"recovery then right into the next 5 minute interval...repeat 10 of these this time but I remained focused and got through them just fine :-)

At an hour and thirty five minutes into the ride finally came the cool-down portion after the intervals as I spun-out my legs to help recover them which believe it or not actually works.

Average HR for the ride was 121bpm with a max on a inteval of 149bpm as my average wattage was 194 & max watts on last interval of 387...at 1:45:00 and 28.1 miles into my ride my CompuTrainer ride was done for the night! These workouts are tough but pay strong dividends come race day :-)

b

No comments: