"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, April 6, 2009

a wonderful Saturday...

Saturday morning:

Not a typical Saturday morning but similar in many ways is that K & I headed down to the Lakefront by Foster Beach where Kristen was racing her second 50k event. Our friends Sara, Jillian and Mike were also racing the 50k event, the first 50k event for the 3 of them. As I took pre-race photos and wished everyone well in the race I needed to get in my one hour and 45 minute run for the day. If I planned it right I’d catch them finishing their first of 3 loops.

I headed southward on the paved lakefront path I realized it was a beautiful day for an LSD run which is what was in the books for me. I was feeling great the whole way then I realized I had a great tailwind on the opening stint of 6.6 miles. After the turn-around by Navy Pier the brisk winds were in my face the whole way back but I couldn’t compliant as I had run 13.2 miles for the day and everyone else was running a 50k event! My total run time was slightly long at 1:50.57 with a good average HR of 133bpm and a max HR somewhere just after the turnaround at 143bpm. A perfect LSD run for myself.

Afterwards I changed into some drier clothes and provided support for K, Sara, Jillian and Mike in the 50k. Mike was forced out at 14 miles due to every lingering ITB problems so we hung-out together waiting for the ladies to finish. Kristen finished in 5:28.xx which is a 10 minute 50k PR for herself and Jillian & Sara ran together through the finishline in 6:12.xx…Congrat’s to the tuf chicks and their awesome race experience!

Afterwards we went to a local Irish Pub for grub & beverages :-)

b

No comments: