"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, April 27, 2009

sweltering...

Sunday afternoon:

After a busy early Sunday running around taking care of lots of stuff I finally got outside in the neighborhood region during the heat & humidity portion of the day to get in my run. Since I'm going through a special 5 day taper cycle this week I bumped my 6 by 400 repeats with 90 seconds rest for today after yesterdays pace run.

During the warm-up mile I could feel my legs were still tired so I stopped at home for my electrolyte filled water bottle that I had place outside the house. As I restarted again I felt better so in a quarter mile from the house I started my first 400 meter repeat...below are my repeat time, AHR & MHR values:

1:40 - AHR 140bpm - MHR 145bpm
1:34 - AHR 132bpm - MHR 144bpm
1:38 - AHR 136bpm - MHR 148bpm
1:35 - AHR 137bpm - MHR 147bpm
1:40 - AHR 136bpm - MHR 147bpm
1:36 - AHR 141bpm - MHR 149bpm


I ran a 3/4 mile cool-down after them as I was tired. My pacing wasn't near where it should have been but my legs were still tired from Saturdays paced 9 miler at the lakefront. Repeats #1, 3 and 5 were directly into a 20mph south headwind. But between the heat, humidity and winds there all things that will better prepare my for the Indy Mini next Saturday!

Total run time was 36:57 for 4 miles with an average HR of 119bpm.

Now the true taper time begins :-)

b

No comments: