"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

an olympic morning...

Sunday morning:

Kristen and I headed downtown to Soldiers Field with 8 month old puppy Obi for the CARA gathering of runners to help promote Chicago awareness to the Olympic Officials that were in town view the city as a candidate for the 2016 Summer Olympics. The weather was absolutely foul outside but that did not stop the enthusiasium(sp?) of the runners that showed up that morning. The run distances went anywhere from 4 to 12 miles and was a very casual environment. Kristen waited with Obi as we had some fellow running friends showing up also. She just ran a 50k the day before and went out for a 4 mile walk/run with our highly energized puppy Obi…tuff stuff she is!

I ran a 9 mile LSD run which headed southward along the lakefront path and then back northward against the strong NE winds blowing in off of Lake Michigan. I met some great new friends during these miles and a couple of the ladies whom were runners from the Luna Chic’s Program. The miles went by quickly as we chatted most of the way. Afterwards CARA had a tent set-up with goodies and we got our volunteer t-shirts.

Kristen finished up the walk/run with Obi as we headed over to the Montrose Harbor Dog Beach Park for Obi playtime then headed back to the burbs…a great morning!

So I exercised 8 times in seven straight days as I deemed Monday as a complete rest day ;-)

b

1 comment:

Trishie said...

good luck to Chicago for the 2016! I was working at Univ of Md as a lifeguard when Balt/ DC was working for the 2012 (?) games. I want to see more pictures of Obi !