"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

the big tempo...

Tuesday evening:

As it was still cold, windy and raining in our region after work I decide to run my 60 minute tempo run on the health club track & treadmill routine. This is the biggest tempo run of the half training program so I wanted to get the job done right since Mother Nature was not agreeing outside.

I ran my warm-up on the indoor track (5 laps to a mile) as I slowly picked-up the pace as each lap went by so I covered the w/u 2 miles in ~17:02 then I headed down to my favorite treadmills and turned up tempo pacing portion. I felt in control of the pacing on the treadmill and kept turning up the pace every minute or so when I ended this portion I was running at 6:53 mile pacing…below are my stats for the ‘mill portion:

4.5 miles – 33:18 – 7:24 pace – AHR 138bpm – MHR 152bpm

After that I headed back up to the track and ran an easy cool-down mile. My total run time was 59:57 for 7.5 miles covered with an average mile pace of 7:59 plus an average HR of 131bpm for the full run duration. After all that I walked a cool-down lap where I was able to get my HR to 81bpm in a short time…hopefully my conditioning is working well towards the half marathon.

b

No comments: