"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

tempo...

Thursday evening 04.02.09:

Yet another good speedwork run for the week…

Per my training schedule I had a 50 minute Tempo run to accomplish so I choose to run this in the confines of our health club because I enjoy running these indoors this time of the weather year were having. So I ran my tempo run utilizing the indoor track & treadmill for my specific workout yet again. On the indoor track I ran a 2 mile warm-up to pick-up pace as I felt good right from the first lap and then I jumped on the treadmill for the speed side of things for 3.1 miles in 22:34 minutes in which I had an average HR during this portion at 135bpm and max during the ending minute at 149bpm. After that I headed back up to the track for a one mile cool-down portion.

During my 50:06 minutes I covered 6 miles with an average HR of 131bpm.After my run I always walk a cool-down lap (2/10ths of a mile) of the track.

I think the vacation help me to recover for this final training push towards the Indy Mini!

b

No comments: