"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Monday morning:

Went out for a very easy recover run of 21:00 minutes in the morning before work as my legs were lead like after my weekend focused runs. Warm and breezy air was ther again to greet me as I focused on keeping my effort lever very low.

This week I'm following my 3-day taper cycle to peak on the 3 day back to exercising...it goes like this:

Monday 4.24 - Active rest - 20 to 30 minutes of easy running
Tuesday 4.28 - Rest - easy walk of 30 minutes or less
Wednesday 4.29 - Rest - easy walk of 30 minutes or less
Thursday 4.30 - Training - 1/2 to 45 minute run at easy pace
Friday 5.1 - Training - 45 minute to hour run at moderate pace
Saturday 5.2 - Event race day (peak) - all out effort!


The taper program I'm following is from a book I purchased way, way back in 1992 know as "Consistant Winning" which has very specific training cycles with very specific rest/recovery cycles to help you peak on a specific race day. I used it alot back in those old days with good results...unfortunately the book has not been printed/published in over ten years...

b

Hopefully the stars are in alignment this Saturday for me

No comments: