"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

now that felt right...

Tuesday evening:

Before I could get in my tempo run at the health club I rushed over to the bike shop after work before they closed to drop off my original components to be re-installed on my old Cannondale TT/Tri-bike so I can specifically use this bike as my trainer ride whether it be on my Kinetic trainer and/or on the bike shop Computrainer set-up plus I can always used the bike outdoors if the weather is foul outside…they tell me it should be done no later than Thursday evening…FTP 30 minute Time Trial Computrainer test this Sunday so I hope I haven’t forgotten on how to ride this bike ;-)

So I eventually made it to the health club not too late to start my 45 minute tempo run but I forgot to pack running socks…no fret as I ran via triathlete mode with no socks in the running shoes. I ran my first 2.4 miles via the track at the health club (5 laps to a mile) which works out well for me as I’m properly warmed up for the real tempo portion on the treadmill which was a 1 degree incline for 15 minutes which I covered 2 miles with an average HR of 146bpm and a max HR at the finish of the ramp up at 156bpm.

After that was completed I went back upstairs to the track to run my one mile cool-down portion. My total run time was 45:50 and I covered 5.4 miles during that timeframe with an average HR for the whole run duration of 132bpm.

That tempo run felt really good and I like this set-up for these style runs as the treadmill keeps me honest on the speedy stuff ;-)

b

No comments: