"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

grey sky day...

Saturday morning:

On the training schedule was a 90 minute 3/1 workout so it was business as usual at the lakefront path as always. I calculated the run into two timeframes; the first 60 minutes at a comfortable long half marathon training pace and finish off the last 30 minutes of the run with a stronger pace to simulate running though race fatigue. I ended up covering 11 miles in the 90 minute timeframe with an average HR of 138bpm and a max HR of 152bpm at about minute 72 of the run. Below are my splits times with average HR:

58:51 – AHR 134bpm
31:09 – AHR 146bpm


The run fell fine but my legs didn’t respond well & consistent during the last 30 minutes when the run matter the most. I guess my legs really weren’t properly recovered from the first week of speedwork during the 12 week session…but the run is in the books which is what matters the most!

b

No comments: