"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

suffering is a good thing now and then...

Monday evening:

Week four of bike shop Computrainer 90 minute coached workout completed with the new Ridley Dean TT/Tri Bike for the first time. The bike feels fantastic and so much different than my old Cannondale. Only 4 riders showed up for class so the other 4 slots on the trainers were vacant, maybe those folks were gonna ride outside on Tuesday as the temps are forecasted to be in the low 60 degrees. My average HR was at 122bpm with a max HR near the very end on a stomp interval of 154bpm. My baseline watts used for my profile is still at 245 with a max class wattage output of 720 during the last 200% stomp technique as my average 90 minute class wattage was at 179 for the evening. Class was great yet again tonight as it will take a few more rides on the new bike before my body adjusts properly to its geometry set-up. I was fatigued going into class by felt better when I was done…

b

Here is my Polar HR graph from the session but you have probably noticed my cadence, distance and mph missing from the chart. I’m having a challenge getting the Polar sensors to work properly on the new carbon fiber bike as my old Cannondale was aluminum…I’ll get that stuff dialed in soon I promise…I need data!

http://www.twodogzdesign.com/cycle09/020909.JPG

1 comment:

Ben said...

I might do Winter 2 session on the Computrainer but I have to clear it with Coach Harrison. I'm glad to hear that you are liking that RD. Get comfy in aero!