"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a nice hilly run...

Sunday morning 02.01.09:

Kristen & I headed out to Barrington Hills for our 2nd mid-long run of the weekend which is the Home Economist 10.6 hilly miles loop. About 35 runners showed up on this slightly warmer day (32*) as we all headed out at 7am. I ran with K and a group of 10 until about mile 3.5 when Kristen said go ahead as I saw a group of three of my track friends up the road about a mile in front of us...the carrot was in place for the slow reel in. I ended up finally catching them with 1.5 miles left in the run as I ran it in to the finish with my friends. My run time was 1:38:14 for a mile pace in the hills of 9:15 with an average HR of 132bpm and a max HR climbing a rolling hill during the chase down of 147bpm...the aerobic base training continues!

I was amazed at how well I felt just 24 hours after running 13 miles down by the lakefront...Kristen felt the same way :-)

b

1 comment:

Trishie said...

nice run, b!