"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, February 23, 2009

running on a belt...

Saturday morning:

As we received some snow accumulation over Friday night and continuing thru Saturday morning I opted out of driving down to the lakefront to get in my scheduled 90 minute run and drove right to our health club close to home to get the run in on the treadmill for that time duration. I didn’t have the option of running on Sunday morning as I had my scheduled 30 minute FTP TT bike test that afternoon so I needed somewhat fresher legs for that workout.

As I hopped on the HC treadmill at 7am and started out easy to build-up the pace that I needed to run at right from the get-go my legs were still very tired from the hard week of training. Even as I got the pace at where I needed to run is at my legs were exhausted the whole time…over-training with not enough recovery time! I pushed on to get in the 90 minute run which I covered 10.6 miles during that timeframe with a mile pace of 8:29. My average HR was at 132bpm which is where it should be for a run of this time indoors and I maxed my HR 148bpm with 5 minutes left in the run so I was able to negative split the last 45 minutes.

Afterwards I walked the HC track to cool down and realized that my legs felt like cooked noodles ;-)

b

1 comment:

Alan said...

Nice work out Brian- nice pace and HR. I will be glad when I can get back to that kind of shape and not have my HR sky rocket when I lower my pace a little.