"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

an odd night at computrainer class...

Monday evening:

Got to the bike shop in time for the final session of the first six week Computrainer 90 minute class. Tonight’s class was its usual drills, intervals, stomps, etc but at a slight higher and longer intensity. I still haven’t been able to get my Polar cadence & speed transponders to work on the new tt/tri-bike so hence no graph is being provided this week for those of you that might be following my progress over the last 5 weeks…sorry. I felt ok on the bike during the class with little energy I had in my system but I let it fly on the stomps in the last section of the class. My max wattage for a standing stomp came in at 768 watts…that’s 48 watts higher than last weeks best stomp as my average watts for the 90 minute class came in at 196 which was the same as last week but at a tougher training level. My average HR for the 90 minute class came in at 120bpm with a max during a stomp of 150bpm. Also during the pace line spin drills I was comfortably able to hold a 132rpm cadence per the Computrainers program. A good class as on Sunday February 22nd I have my first FTP (functional threshold power) test at the bike shop via a 30 minute Time Trial effort.

On a different note I was informed the week before and on Monday night that I might want to reconsider using my all carbon fiber new Ridley Dean on the Computrainer and/or via a stationary trainer due too flexing especially in the seat stay/post region. My coach and the shop mechanics recommend not using my bike in the rigid rear wheel floor trainers. So I had the joy after class to find all my old Cannondale tri-bike components at home to have that bike put back together for a trainer specific bike to train on…it was an interesting night to say the least…

b

2 comments:

Sonia said...

kinda sucks for the bike trainer! But you still have a new kick ass bike for the summer season =)

Steve Stenzel said...

I didn't know that about the whole bike and trainer thing... interesting!!